- What is WAVE Diploma offering?
- WAVE Diploma is a detailed comprehensive program that offers employability skills development in many varied disciplines like Multimedia and Animation, Illustration, Digital Arts, Life skills, Programming, Publishing, Web designing/ Video editing, AutoCAD, Personal Financial Management, KPO/ BPO, eEducation, Retail Management.
- What is the difference between tools oriented courses and WAVE Diploma?
- Tools oriented courses focuses on learning a particular tool. But its application in the industry is not clear.
- WAVE diploma focuses on role based learning to help learner get a job as per industry requirement and build his career.
- WAVE Diploma and WAVE courses are two different and independent offerings.
- WAVE courses are tool oriented courses and WAVE Diploma modules are role/ career oriented.
- WAVE is individual course offering whereas WAVE Diploma is a complete package offering.
- Learner has to register for WAVE Diploma and then he/ she can select the individual role based modules.
- WAVE Diploma is awarded after completion of four role based modules.
- WAVE+ Diploma is awarded after completion of five role based modules.
- WAVE++ Diploma is awarded after completion of six role based modules.
- The total duration of WAVE Diploma is 6 months (72 hrs X 6 roles = 432 hrs)
- Image Editor
- Content Illustrator
- Desktop Publisher
- Web Designer
- 2D Animator
- Financial Accountant
- Stationery Designer
- Video Editor
- Yes, learners can select any combination of role based module from a list of modules from varied areas in his/ her diploma as per requirement.
- Learner has to select any six role based modules and built his/ her customized diploma.
- The medium of learning/ instructions/ examination will be English.
- Each role based module consists of 3 parts
- Part C: Take a Challenge (TAC) assignments (40 marks)
- Part B: Take a Bigger Challenge (TABC) assignments (30 marks)
- Part A: Take a Grand Challenge (TAGC) e-portfolio (30 marks)
- Study material will not be provided to the learner. Learner can procure study material from market by himself/ herself paying necessary price.
- Learner will get reference material at center library.
- “How to win friends and influence people” and “Stop worrying and start living” books by Dale Carnegie will be given to every learner without additional cost.
- Part C: Take a Challenge (TAC) assignments (40 marks) will be evaluated through auto-marking system.
- Part B: Take a Bigger Challenge (TABC) assignments (30 marks) will be evaluated by learning facilitator at the center.
- Part A: Take a Grand Challenge assignments (TAGC) e-portfolio (30 marks) will be evaluated by experts.
- Minimum marks required to pass in a module is 40 (Grade C).
- Grade A+ : Marks scored equal to or above 85
- Grade A : Marks scored equal to or above 70
- Grade B+ : Marks scored equal to or above 55
- Grade B : Marks scored above 40
- Grade C : Marks scored equal to 40 (G)
Grade A ensures attainment of Integral skills with self-creation of socially useful and productive outputs with global best practices through Take a Grand Challenge activities
Grade B ensures attainment of Integral skills by emulating the best practices through Take a Bigger Challenge activity
Grade C ensures attainment of Differential skills through Take a challenge activity
- Center will be provided with a dummy WAVE Diploma ERA learner login. Center counselor can show the dummy ERA login to the WAVE Diploma aspirant.
- More details are available on www.hkcl.in/wave
- Yes, the learner can learn more than one module simultaneously.
- Learner is considered to have completed one module, if, he/ she has acquired minimum 40 marks (Grade C) in the said module.
- No, The learner will get one HKCL certificate for every 2 modules in addition to WAVE Diploma. If learner completes 4 modules he/she will get 2 HKCL certificates, If learner completes 5 modules he/she will get 2 HKCL certificates, If learner completes 6 modules he/she will get 3 HKCL certificates.
WAVE Diploma Certificates
1 WAVE Diploma Certificate
1 WAVE+ Diploma Certificate
1 WAVE++ Diploma Certificate
- The final WAVE++ Diploma awarded would contain Diploma certificate mentioning the six roles based modules completed and their grades.
- Learners will also get individual role-based module certificate.
- Candidature is six months. Validity of the diploma course is six months. Leaners have to complete all the six modules within six months.
- Centers will get Open ERA installer CD and WAVE Diploma content DVD
- Centers can start taking admission as per calendar prescirbed by HKCL, please write on firstname.lastname@example.org for the same.
- Total course fees is Rs 3,500/- per course (Twelve thousand five hundred)
- Learner should have passed 12th Std. in any discipline and should have completed HS-CIT or equivalent course in IT Literacy to be eligible for the role based module.